- See stunning cave formations with magnificent white, pink and brown stalactites, stalagmites and flowstones
- Learn about New Zealand trees and plants on the easy and enchanting forest walk
- Catch a glimpse of the cave dwelling weta
Average Duration: 1 hour
Set in the forest of the Ruakuri scenic reserve, the beautifully delicate formations in Aranui Cave create a place for quiet contemplation and a time to reflect on the wonders of nature.
39 Waitomo Village Road,
Ruakuri Scenic Reserve Carpark
Waitomo, Waitomo 3943
Bring comfortable walking shoes and a warm jacket.
Aranui Cave does not have wheelchair access and is therefore not suitable for visitors with mobility problems. Ruakuri Cave is wheelchair friendly.
GUIDELINES FOR YOUR VISIT
It is the aim of the Aranui Cave staff to ensure the best service possible to all cave visitors. We seek your co-operation fulfilling these aims and ask that you follow the guidelines listed below.
- Please do not touch formations. Stalactites and stalagmites take a long time to form. They are easily discoloured by people touching them and the more fragile formations can break. Please help us protect the beauty of the cave.
- No smoking in the cave.
- All photography is strictly forbidden. This includes non-flash photography and video.